Help your kids like running and make it a habit.
An app that has the following elements to help kids start and continue running:
1. Running programs specifically designed to help kids start running and fall in love with the results (achievement, self-esteem, health, beautiful body, etc.)
2. Sharing their way(s): to all the social networks they currently use, using the tools they like (emojis, stickers, etc.) and allowing for feedback to be seen in the running app.
3. Track and show the same data as for adults just in a more “youthful” way.
4. Apart from preprogrammed running sessions, also allow them to create their own interval training when they reach the point they want to.
5. All programs should have audio cues informing them what and when is the next interval.
6. Play their favorite music in the background.
7. Allow them to run together while at different geographical locations. This will enable them to communicate directly with each other during the run. Just like a group phone call.
Although not a natural way for humans to move in a consistent, efficient way, it might have some interesting uses and health benefits.
Do a study to measure the benefits (or detriments) and changes that occur when subjects exercise daily by running backward.
There is some research that shows running enhances your brain by creating new stem cells.
Just like estimating calories burnt currently present in most running apps, there could be a function that determines based on your activity and personal data, how much your brain has “gained” from the activity.