Selling on the phone is more effective, so why not combine it with online technology (especially for higher ticket items)?
A website with the technology that enables the sales person to help the buyer by controlling what is happening on the web page the buyer is on now (on the seller’s web site.) The sale will either start with a phone call to the buyer by the sales person, or a request by the buyer while on the web page. The sales rep will then continue in parallel on the phone and collaboratively on the web page, controlling and guiding the buyer in both mediums (if he is any good), enabled by the web site technology that allows him to change things on the fly on the web page the buyer is seeing (and only that page – anyone else browsing that oage sees the standard version.)
To come up with new radical ideas and turn them into useful tools and techniques.
A think tank + execution team. New ideas get tested as fast as possible, refined, and turned into techniques, and tools that can be learned and used by anyone.
Making email messages more personal is almost always leading to higher attention and conversion.
Embed in your HTML emails an auto play audio file that is a greeting customized to the receipt’s name. Something like “Hi John. I hope you are using the last tip I sent you. Read this to get even better results.”
Have an outline of the book and write the first one or two chapters. Make sure that the chapter has real value to the reader and can stand on its own. If it’s just an overview (non-fiction), or it takes more than one chapter to get the reader immersed, this will not work. Readers have to get actual value from it.
Advertise (to the right target audience) and sell this chapter for a very low price ($1). The objective is not to make money but to get the seed of people who are willing buyers. In your ads, you can communicate this as an experiment, and explain why it’s special.
Why is it special?
1. Everyone who bought the first chapter will now be a part of the editorial process for the rest of the book.
2. You will consult with them and get their feedback. They’ll get an outline of the next chapter, plans for the cover (towards the end), etc. This will make them feel good, and you will get help in tailoring the rest of the book even better to the target audience.
3. They’ll have a chance to invite others to buy the next chapter published (with the first of course, for $2.) This chapter has their input already in it, so they are motivated to spread the word.
4. They will also have an online editorial wall, where they will be listed. When someone they invite buys the next chapter (with all the others published before), their status and position will increase on the online editorial wall.
5. When the book is finished, they’ll have a chance to sell it and make a commission. By that time many have already invested so much time, it’s like selling their own book.
You repeat this for each chapter until you finish Make sure you make each chapter have its own value independent of any future ones, but make sure there is always a cliffhanger, giving them reasons to buy the next chapter.
By the time you finish this book, not only will you already have sold many copies, but you will also have an army of readers that will be ready for your next book.
If you can lose weight without giving up your favorite foods, you might have a better chance of success.
A website or app, where you can choose your favorite foods from a list, and in return, you’ll get the diet that should work without you having to give up your favorite foods.